This guest post was written by Jena Coray of Miss Modish.

You've probably heard people dishing out advice on how to pitch to blogs before- I know I've been shouting 'bout information technology for years now! 🙂 It'southward great advice that'll get you to the signal of hit send, which is a big footstep!

But what do you lot do after you ship your pitch? How long do you await to hear back? What happens next?

If you're feeling confused almost the next steps, read on!

How long practice I wait to hear back before I pitch another web log?

Out of the 28 editors I surveyed for my Tip-Top Pitch Kit, 96% said they get back to pitches that are a great fit inside a week and most of them said they'll respond in a day or 2! Then if your pitch is a fantastic fit, they'll exist sure to permit you lot know, pronto!

That's why I suggest waiting a few days to hear back, and if there's no response, assume that it'due south not quite a fit/non the right timing, and move onto pitching to the next blog on your list.

I also think it's ok to send pitches to a few blogs at in one case if they don't accept heavily overlapping audiences. ie: if y'all make clutches and are from Melbourne, you lot could send a pitch to a handmade web log, a nuptials blog & an Aussie focused ane in the same twenty-four hours- expect a few days to hear back, and and so send another pitch or 2, and proceed going.

Sending pitches to 2 design blogs with similar style/audiences at the same time tho? Not and so kosher, unless it's for an upshot/date specific thing you're trying to get the word out about.

And what if I never hear back at all?

That silence on the other end can oftentimes be deafening and hype our disquisitional cocky-talk into overdrive- believe me, I know!

Only don't start interpreting that silence as: "they don't like it", "my work's not good enough", "I'll never go a write-up, anywhere!" Because if you've taken the time to do your research, write a personal pitch addressing them past name and include awesome photos of your work and you still don't hear back?

Don't sweat it at all! It's not personal. It just ways, it wasn't the right fit for them right now. That's information technology!

Should I follow up if I don't hear back?

In a word, Yeah.

But following up to see if they read your email? And what do they think? And "if yous could just delight get back to me, I'd capeesh information technology!" Well, that isn't the most effective fashion to go about it.

I call back information technology's all-time to "follow-up" by calculation something new to the chat. If y'all didn't hear back on a pitch you sent regarding a certain line, but have something new coming out you recall might fit the editor'south taste better? That'southward a adept opportunity to follow-up.

If you their blog recently mentioned their dearest of plaid vintage dresses, and, oh my! Yous happen to have a actually cute one in your store right now. That'due south a good opportunity to follow-up.

If y'all don't take annihilation new to add to the chat, only take the lack of response as a no, and move right along.

What about you- take you pitched your products/shop to blogs before? What was the response? Did you continue pitching?

I'd beloved to hear in the comments below!

—-

 image in a higher place past Amanda Blake "Every night she sent out messages and waited for an respond."

Jena Coray is the mojo-maker behind Miss Modish, helping artists, makers and indie-prenuers create fulfilling businesses. She doles out biz advice 1-on-1 in her mojo sessions, and helps people self-promote with fashion and confidence in her Tip-Pinnacle Pitch shop!